Thank you to Tampico Beverages for sponsoring this post!
When I was growing up in Mexico, my favorite sport was always soccer. Soccer is so popular in Mexico, and my dad and brother were always watching it. Naturally, I grew to enjoy it as well and to this day I still love to watch it when my favorite teams are playing. Although American football is not as popular in Mexico, my dad actually was a really big fan of it as well! That said, as much as I tried, I could never bring myself to enjoy it.
All that changed when I got married to an American and moved to the United States. My husband is a huge college (and professional) football fan. He looks forward to this time of year every year and he rarely misses his favorite team’s games. At first I just kind of ignored it, but over the years he has taken the time to teach me more about it and I have started to enjoy it quite a bit more. It was really exciting when our local team won the Super Bowl last year!
Even though I don’t know all of the rules, and I still don’t get into it as much as soccer, I have grown to enjoy watching the games and making lots of great appetizers to eat while watching!
My husband always looks forward to whatever I am going to make on game day, and that has given me a great opportunity to try out some new recipe like these wonton mozzarella sticks that I want to share with you all today!
This recipe is so easy! All you need are a few wonton wraps (which you can get in your local supermarket in the refrigerated section), a few mozzarella cheese sticks, some egg for an egg wash, and oil to fry. They don’t take long at all to make and they are a great alternative to the standard mozzarella sticks.
The first time I made these, my husband loved them so much that he asked for me to make them at the next game too. Since I really liked them too, it didn’t take much to convince me to do so!
Of course all good game time appetizers need to have great beverages to go along with them, which is why we always make sure to have a good supply of Tampico on hand! This is one of our favorite beverages by far. You can find it at almost any store, it is inexpensive, and it tastes great. I remember drinking this while watching soccer games in Mexico, so it is only natural that we would drink it during the football games here in the United States.
Now, since there are quite a few games to watch, it is important to have lots of different appetizer recipes available. Today to finish up I want to share 20 additional game time appetizers that I know you will love – check them out below!
- No Cook Spicy Chicken Sliders – Peas & Peonies
- Sriracha Brown Sugar Baked Wings – Fox and Briar
- Sweet Potato Lime Taquitos – Beard & Bonnet
- Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings – Joyful Healthy Eats
- Cheesy Corn Dip Stuffed Jalapenos – Flavor the Moments
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels – Blackberry Babe
- Spicy Tex Mex Mini Cheese Balls – NeghborFood
- Shrimp and Chorizo Nachos with Fresh Pico De Gallo – Iowa Girl Eats.
- Crispy Spicy Tostones – Muy Bueno Cookbook
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Poppers – Food, Faith, Fitness
- Cheesy Oven Baked Pizza Fries – Two Healthy Kitchens
- Skillet Pull Apart Bread with Spinach and Artichoke Dip – Jo Cooks
- Homemade Chili Con Carne Nachos – My Latina Table
- Buffalo Pretzels – Snappy Gourmet
- Roasted Garlic White Bean Spinach Dip – Tasting Page
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll-Ups – Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders – The Blond Cook
- Tomatillo Avocado Salsa – Hola Jalapeno
- Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos – Life Is But A Dish
- Chicken Enchilada Dip – Chocolate Moosey
I hope that you enjoy my recipe for wonton mozzarella sticks and that this list provides you with plenty of appetizers for this season!