Healthy and Easy Chilaquiles Recipe
This Healthy and Easy Chilaquiles Recipe is a complete breakfast option which omits the step of frying tortilla chips from the original recipe and is delicious!
Servings 6 people
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatillo roasted or boiled.
- 1 Poblano Pepper deseeded and without the skin.
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Chilaquiles
- 20 Corn Tortillas cut into triangles baked (preferred) or fried.
- 2 eggs over easy or over hard
- 1 tbsp Mexican Crema
- 1 tbsp Queso Fresco or cotija
- 1 Avocado chopped, optional
Add all of the salsa verde ingredients to a good blender and blend until everything is broken down, but not too smooth.
Add the blended salsa to a hot frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, adding additional chicken stock if desired.
Pour the salsa verde over the baked (or fried) tortillas if you want a crispier texture, or add the tortilla chips to the salsa itself for a softer texture.
Top with queso fresco, egg, avocado, and Mexican crema.
Serving: 150g | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 36.3mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2.4mg