Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash
Inside: This Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash is a great option for serving a crowd and you can make it in no time at all!
Total Time20 minutes mins
Servings: 4 people
- 5 Slices Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon Diced
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes Cut into cubes
- 1 Poblano Pepper Roasted, with skin and seeds removed, and diced
- 1/2 Cup Corn Drained
- 1/4 White Onion Diced
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup White Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Cup Guacamole To Garnish, Optional
- 1 Cup Salsa Roja To Garnish, Optional
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, remove excess grease from pan and set bacon aside on paper towels.
In the same skillet, add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the corn, and cook for 3 additional minutes.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
Add the poblano peppers and the spices and stir well.
Add the bacon that you prepared earlier and the cheese, and mix well.
Serve hot with guacamole and salsa roja.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1282mg | Potassium: 1438mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 43.7mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3.1mg