Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad
This Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad is a perfect, fresh option for lunch or dinner and will be a hit with everyone.
- 1 Chicken breast cooked and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cut into cubes.
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 cup of fresh or canned corn
- 1/2 cup of drained black beans
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Feta or Cotija cheese
For the Dressing
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 T of lime juice
- 1 or 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 T of chopped parsley
- 1 t of paprika or chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a container and refrigerate.
To prepare the roasted corn, heat the corn over medium heat with olive oil and cook until they reach your desired color. Set aside and let cool.
Form the salad starting with a bed of lettuce and then adding the chicken, the corn, the beans, the avocado, the tomatoes, the cheese, and finally the dressing.