Para Español, Haz Click Aquí
Hi, I’m Charbel! Welcome to My Latina Table! Here you will find a wide variety of content that anyone can enjoy, with a principal focus on sharing authentic Mexican recipes that anyone can make.
Why I Share Traditional Mexican Recipes
I was born and raised in Mexico, and that is where my love for cooking began. Specifically, growing up on a ranch in Mexico with my grandparents, I learned all of the tricks to cooking authentic Mexican food from my Abuela. She taught me how to make many of the recipes that you will find on this site, including the following:
- The Freshest, Most Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe You Will Find
- Barbacoa Tacos
- How to Make Authentic Mexican Tamales
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- How To Make Truly Authentic Mexican Horchata At Home
- How to Make the Most Delicious Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)
Here at My Latina Table, I always try to explain how to make recipes in the most authentic and traditional way. You will find recipes for traditional Mexican breakfast, dinner, and desserts.
What You Need To Know About Making Mexican Food
Mexican cuisine is an art and something that is very important to many people. If there is one thing in Mexico that brings people together, it is food.
I can’t tell you how many times I spent hours cooking in the kitchen with my Abuelita, listening to her stories and sneaking as many bites as I could. Those are some of my fondest memories from growing up and that is why I love to share them with you now.
- Spice – Mexican food is known as being spicy and flavorful. However, not all food is spicy. You can always adjust the level of spice my taking out the peppers or just adding less.
- Tortillas – One thing that you will always find on the table at a Mexican home is tortillas. In Mexico, it is most common to eat corn tortillas rather than flour, and they are almost always freshly made. They aren’t only used for tacos, but also to soak up all of the delicious salsas that are served with food, like salsa roja and salsa verde.
- Breakfast – In Mexico, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You won’t find anyone eating cereal for their full breakfast. Most people know Mexico for its more popular dishes like tacos, tostadas, empanadas, and tamales, but there are some amazing breakfast recipes too, like chilaquiles and huevos rancheros.
- Products. You should know as well that there are certain products that you will want to have in order to cook truly authentic Mexican food. Check out this post to get a head start: 6 Essential Products For Making Authentic Mexican Food.
What Else Do I Share?
While the main focus of this blog is to share traditional Mexican recipes, I also love to share other things as well. I have learned how to make many other types of food, and you will find many of those as well, including the following:
- How To Make Perfect, Extra Crispy Homemade Onion Rings From Scratch
- Three Cheese Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Smoked Brisket Recipe on a Traeger (With the Best Homemade Mop Sauce)
These recipes are so fun to make as well, and I hope that you enjoy them.
Finally, you will find a few other general purpose parenting and lifestyle articles, a few DIY tutorials, and even some reviews.
More About Me and My Family
I moved to the United States in 2010 after my husband and I got married in Mexico. I am always learning new things every day about the culture here in the United States, but I continue to celebrate my roots. Learning English has definitely been a challenge, but with lots of practice and dedication, I am getting better and better.
I don’t think that I will ever get used to being so far away from my family, but I am blessed to have a very united extended family here in the United States that always make me feel like an important and close member of the family. While I may not have my family close most of the time, creating and sharing my favorite traditional Mexican recipes is a huge comfort.
I love spending time with my family, which currently consists of me, my husband, and our three amazing little boys.
I hope that this page has given you a little bit of insight into why I created the My Latina Table blog. I also hope that by making these recipes, you can have a glimpse into what Mexico is all about.
Please feel free to reach out to me or my husband (who helps with all the technical, legal, and marketing aspects of the blog), at the following email addresses: