Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, and that means that it is time to dust off all of those Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes so that you can share them with your friends on that day. Here are 28 Amazing Cinco De Mayo Recipes that are sure to impress!
When I was living in Mexico, I don’t remember every even thinking that Cinco de Mayo was a special day at all. We never celebrated it down there and it was just like any other day. That is why I was kind of surprised when I moved to the United States and everyone would ask me if I was excited about celebrating Cinco de Mayo. I didn’t really know what to say, because of course I would be happy to celebrate my culture and the great food of Mexico, but I didn’t understand why Cinco de Mayo was a big deal.
Now that I have been here in the United States many years, I have had the opportunity celebrate Cinco de Mayo with my friends and family and that usually has meant that we make some delicious Mexican food and have fun as a family.
So for this post I have gathered some amazing Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes from some very talented bloggers as well as some of my own favorite recipes, and that is what I am going to share with you today. Also, as a bonus here are 6 essential products that you need to make authentic Mexican food!
- Arroz Verde from the Chunky Chef
- Authentic Mexican Horchata from My Latina Table
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas from Life Currents
- Carne Asada from My Latina Table
- Carne Asada Marinade from Life Currents
- Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole from My Suburban Kitchen
- Chicken Avocado Quesadillas from Butter with a Side of Bread
- Cocadas from Sweet and Savory by Shinee
- Creamy Jalapeño Chicken Enchiladas from Who Needs a Cape?
- Easy Baked Chicken Chimichangas from Natural Chow
- Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa From Who Needs a Cape?
- Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Wontons from Natural Chow
- Healthier Soft Tortillas from Ten At The Table
- Homemade Nacho Cheese From Ten At The Table
- Homemade Pico de Gallo From Ten At The Table
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Butter With A Side of Bread
- Lemon Carlota from My Latina Table
- Margarita Chicken Rice Bowl from My Suburban Kitchen
- Mexican Bean Salad from My Suburban Kitchen
- Mexican Corn Salad from A Dish of Daily Life
- Mexican Guacamole from My Latina Table
- Mexican Guacamole Burgers from Tastes of Lizzy
- Shrimp and Avocado Tacos from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Skillet Mexican Potatoes from Tastes of Lizzy
- Smothered Beef Barbacoa Chimichangas from The Chunky Chef
- Sopapillas from Who Needs a Cape?
- Spicy Carrot Refrigerator Pickles from A Dish of Daily Life
- Sweet Pork Barbacoa from Kleinworth & Co.
I hope you enjoy all of these recipes, whether you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo or are just looking for some great Mexican food. I would love to hear about your favorite Mexican recipes in the comments!