This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VidaAguacate #CollectiveBias
If there is one ingredient that I love to include in as many recipes as possible, it is definitely avocados. I grew up in Mexico, and where we lived there were so many avocado trees. My siblings and I always loved to pick them and bring them back to the house for all of the amazing recipes that my grandma and mom used to make with avocados. With that context, I am excited to share this great avocado, jalapeño, and bacon egg salad recipe. It uses delicious Avocados From Mexico, and combines them with eggs, bacon, and a delicious fresh crema.
Avocados From Mexico are my go-to brand for avocados – they are so delicious and go great with so many recipes. If you want more recipes and some exclusive offers from Avocados From Mexico, I would encourage you to sign up for Vida Aguacate by clicking on this link.
Here are some other reasons why I love avocados:
- They are evergreen and always in season, so you can eat them year-round in your favorite recipes.
- They contain good fat, and have zero cholesterol, which makes them a great option to incorporate into a variety of nutritious eating plans. Check out this link for additional nutritional information about avocados.
- They taste so fresh and delicious and are a perfect addition to so many recipes!
I have to say that avocados have always been there for me when I need to make a delicious guacamole, salsa, or other recipe. I love going to the grocery store and picking out the perfect avocados for the occasion. For example, when I know that I am not going to be using them for a few days, I always purchase the bright green avocados that are fairly hard. That way I know that when it is time to use them, they will be perfect. On the other hand, if I need to use one that same day, I make sure to grab the ones that are dark green and that yield with gentle pressure.
For today’s recipe, I wanted to combine some of my favorite flavors from Mexico with an American classic – the egg salad. Of course this needed to include Avocados From Mexico and another Mexican classic – fresh jalapeños. Both of these ingredients combined with bacon, eggs, and other classic egg salad ingredients made for a delicious lunch for the whole family!
I served the salad on a slice of thick cut toast, and it was delicious. Another option would be to eat it with a slice of lettuce or in a wrap. This salad is perfect as a side dish at a barbecue or any other get-together with family or friends, and it is sure to be a hit!
So check out the recipe below, and be sure to come back and let me know how it turned out for you!
Avocado and Bacon Egg Salad
- 2 Avocados From Mexico cut into cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs cut into cubes
- 3 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of chives
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Combine the Avocados from Mexico, eggs, bacon, jalapeño, celery, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Combine the yogurt, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Add the yogurt combination to the egg mix and stir well.
- Serve over toast, lettuce, in a wrap, or by itse