This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and ConAgra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #MangiaTonight #CollectiveBias
We rung in the new year this year by welcoming our third baby boy to the family early in January. It has been so fun getting to know our new little guy, but as anyone with little kids can attest, it can be quite an adjustment as well!
Having a new baby means that there isn’t as much time to make whole meals from scratch all the time. That is why I am glad that there are so many high quality, frozen products like this family size Bertolli® Italian Sausage & Rigatoni. We love Bertolli frozen meals – they are so delicious and they allow us to make memories around the dinner table without spending all day in the kitchen. Fortunately for all of us, you can find them easily at all Kroger banner stores and the “meals for two” variety will be at their lowest price of the year throughout the month of February!
I also love the Bertolli motto of “Don’t just eat, Mangia.” Mangia means to eat in Italian, and it brings excitement to everyday meals!
We decided to pair the Bertolli Italian Sausage & Rigatoni with a homemade roasted red pepper bisque. It is super easy to make and includes fresh red peppers and tomatoes that you can find at your local Kroger banner store as well in the produce section.
You start by roasting a couple of red bell peppers and tomatoes. You can do this by baking them in the oven at a high temperature or by placing them directly on the hot stove top. After the skin is blackened, remove it and set aside.
The next step is to saute the sliced roasted red peppers with garlic and onions before adding to a blender with the tomatoes and blending well.
After it is blended, strain the liquid back into a frying pan and add the chicken broth and cream and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of ground ginger. Boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes. You can also add a small amount of corn starch if you want a thicker consistency.
This bisque, along with the Bertolli Italian Sausage & Rigatoni made for an amazing family meal that we were able to enjoy despite all of the craziness going on around us. I hope that you will try this as well and that you are able to make some amazing memories!
Bertolli® is a registered trademark of R&B Foods, Inc., used under license.
Pasta Bertolli and Red Pepper Bisque for dinner
- 1 Packahge of Bertolli family size pasta
For the Red Pepper bisque
- 1 Red pepper roasted and peeled cut in cubes
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlics finely chopped
- 2 roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavi whipping cream
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- Red pepper flakes to desire.
- cilantro chpped
- feta cheese and red peper falkes
- sal and peper
- pon la pasta en una sarten onda y cocunala por solo 15 minutos!
Para ek red ppeper biswue
- acitrona el ajo y la cebolla junto a los pimientos cortados. agrega los tomates junto con lo anterios y licua todo hasta que este completamente suave. Cuela. y sofrie la salsa. agrega el caldo d epollo y la crema. sazona cob la pimienta, sal y el ginger. deja hervir 15 minutos, si deas mas cnsitencia agrega en un cuarto de taza de agua dos cucharadas de corns satrch y disuelve, agrega a la sopa y continua moviendo hasta obtener la cosnistencia ddeseaada. acompana con la pasta y el garnish.
- licua todo has