This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Smithfield and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Salsa Verde Grilled Pork Chops combines amazing flavor with a hint of spice for a delicious meal for any occasion.
Salsa Verde Grilled Pork Chops is definitely one of my favorite recipes from growing up in Mexico. One bite and you will understand why!
The combination of a tangy, slight spicy salsa verde with perfectly grilled fresh pork is something that everyone should try at least once. When I was living in Mexico, I used to help my mom and my aunt make this recipe all the time. The first time that I made it for my husband, he instantly became a fan and I know that you will too.
Just as important as the salsa verde is the fresh pork. If you don’t buy high quality pork, then it doesn’t matter how good the sauce is – the dish won’t be what it could be. I always buy Smithfield Fresh Pork because I know that it is fresh and tastes great!
For this recipe I used the Smithfield Bone-In Pork Chops. When I know that I am using a hand-trimmed, high quality cut of pork, it gives me confidence to be creative with the rest of the flavors. Visit SaborSmithfield.com for even more delicious recipe ideas and to learn more about the freshness of Smithfield Fresh Pork.
This recipe is perfect for Father’s Day, which is coming up this weekend. If the father in your life wants to try something new, you should definitely check this one out.
One thing that you will want to know is that this can be a bit spicy depending on how much jalapeno you add, so make sure that you keep that in mind if you have any kids that are eating as well. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
With that in mind, I also want to share a few tips for summer lunch ideas for your kids. I have three kids this summer for the first time and it can definitely be tough to think of new lunch ideas every day. That said, here are a few ideas that they will love:
- Pulled Pork Quesadillas. Cook Smithfield Fresh Pork in a slow cooker, season it, shred it and put it in a flour tortilla with cheddar cheese.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich. My kids never get tired of this and it is an easy one to make too!
- Bagel Pizzas – Kids love pizza, so try adding tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni to a bagel for a great summer lunch.
- Fruit Salad – My kids absolutely love fruit. In fact, I can barely keep the fruit bowls full at my house. Every once in a while I will make them a fun fruit salad in their own bowl that they can enjoy with a variety of berries and other fruits.
I hope that some of these ideas help you this summer, and that you try to make this delicious recipe sometime this year – it is really easy to make and I promise you will love it!
Salsa Verde Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 2-3 Smithfield Bone-In Pork Chops
- Salt Pepper, Paprika, and Cumin to season the Pork Chops
- 4-5 Tomatillos
- 1-2 Jalapenos depending on how spicy you want it
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of Cola
- 1/2 onion cut into slices
- Green Onions Chopped
- Season the Smithfield Bone-In Pork Chops with the salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin
- Grill the Pork Chops on both sides until almost cooked through
- Remove the Pork Chops to a pan inside the house
- Add the Tomatillos, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic, and chicken stock to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the salsa verde made in the previous step and the cola over the pork chops and heat over medium high heat for 5 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Add the onions and cook over medium low heat for another 5 minutes
- Garnish with green onions (optional)
- Serve with rice.