Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki sauce is becoming one of my go-to meals for the weekend. Try it out and you will see why!
Para Español, Haz Click Aqui.
This chicken gyros recipe is fresh, delicious, and easy to make. I have to say that gyros have quickly become one of my favorite Greek foods. They are easy for my husband to take to work and to eat for lunch any time.
One of the great blessings of living in the United States is the diversity all around us – specifically the diversity in language, culture, and food! I have even tried food from my home country (Mexico) that I never even tried when I was living there. Of course I have also enjoyed learning about new foods from other places as well.
For example, a few weeks ago I want to a meeting with some other bloggers at an Indian restaurant, and the food was delicious – it was even a little bit similar to Mexican food in that they use a lot of spices and chilies. I have also had the privilege to try lots of Greek food, and I have to say, along with this delicious Greek salad, these chicken gyros are now one of my favorites!
The best comparison between these chicken gyros and Mexican food is to say that they are like Greek-style tacos or burritos. They are filled with meat, onion, lettuce, tomato, and served with a yogurt and cucumber sauce called Tzatziki. I will show you how to make that in this recipe too.
Tzatziki provides a fresh and amazing flavor for the chicken and it is made by combining chopped up cucumber with Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and fresh dill. I like to add a little bit of lemon and pepper as well before letting it chill in the refrigerator while I am marinating the chicken.
Without a doubt this will be one of your favorite recipes, especially with so many warm days coming up.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Like this recipe? Then you will love these recipes too!
- Tropical Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Southwest Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Citrus and Honey Fruit Salad
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into long slices
- 4 T of plain Greek yogurt
- Red onion finely chopped
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- One stick of fresh dill finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cucumbers chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 stick of Dill finely chopped
- Juice from two lemons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Lettuce
- Chopped red onions
- Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Flat Bread Naan, or Pita Bread
- Combine all of the ingredients and put them in a resealable bag with the chicken.
- Let marinate for about an hour.
- Once marinated, grill in a frying pan or grill until cooked through and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add the Tzatziki sauce to the previously heated flat bread, then add the chicken, followed by the rest of the accompaniments.