Inside: Learn how to make the most delicious and easy crockpot mashed potatoes that are perfect for serving a small or large group.
Mashed potatoes is not a recipe that I grew up cooking or eating much in Mexico. We do eat lots of potatoes in Mexico, and we even mash them, but we prepared them in a different manner and with different types of recipes. For example, in Mexico you can often find flautas, or taquitos, that consist of corn tortillas, filled with mashed potatoes and then fried. You can also find potatoes mixed with chorizo and served as tacos!
Here in the United States, however, I have learned to love mashed potatoes with gravy, served with a delicious pork or beef roast. This has become one of our favorite Sunday dinners and I want to share with you all today one of my favorite ways to make mashed potatoes in a crockpot.
What is the best way to make crockpot mashed potatoes?
There are many recipes online for making mashed potatoes in your crockpot. I think this is because everyone knows that when it comes to dinner, convenience is very important. In my case, we have 4 boys under 12 so our house is always crazy! On Sundays, I like to get this meal going in th morning, so that it is ready for us in the early afternoon when we get home from church.
This recipe can be adapted to your personal tastes and how you like for it to be seasoned, but the base recipe will include potatoes, sour cream, butter, and heavy whipping cream. In addition, I like to add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make sure it has great flavors.
After you add all of the ingredients to the crockpot, you will set it on low for about 4-6 hours. At that point, the potatoes will be perfectly tender and ready to mash and serve with your favorite gravy. I always add an extra dollop of butter to the serving dish so that it starts to melt – everyone seems to love it!
What can you serve with mashed potatoes?
Mashed potatoes are a side dish that can go alongside many types of main dishes. Some of my favorites are below:
- Authentic Barbacoa de Borrego Recipe (Lamb Barbacoa)
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Amazing Smoked Pork Chops Recipe
- How To Make Delicious Smoked Ribs
- Smoked Brisket Recipe on a Traeger (With the Best Homemade Mop Sauce)
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below how it turns out!
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- 4 to 5 Russet potatoes peeled, rinsed and cut it on cubes
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream add more if you desire a more creamy consistency
- 1/4 big white onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all the ingredients to a crockpot and let it cook for 4 hours on high.
- Mash the potatoes a little bit by hand and add more stock or whipping cream if you want a more creamy texture.
Friday 4th of February 2022
Love mashed potatoes. These look so good.