This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Inside: Continue reading for two great recipes that are perfect for the fall and Holiday season. One is a delicious Tex-Mex Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and the other is a delicious homemade garlic bread.
The holidays are such an important time of year for our family. There is just something about this time of year that feels different, and we love making and keeping traditions.
Of course, the holidays are a great time to try out lots of delicious recipes too! Here in Colorado the fall and winter can be brutal with long periods of cold and snowy days. Although we also have plenty of sun, when it is cold, I love to bundle up with the family, watch movies, and eat anything that is hot.
We had an early snowstorm this year, and I came up with a tasty Tex-Mex slow cooker creamy chicken recipe that my family loved! Any good meal has to be seasoned right, and I always pick up McCormick® spices, such as McCormick® Pure Ground Black pepper and McCormick® Paprika.
I bought the McCormick products for both of these recipes at Walmart, and I’m glad that I have a lot on hand for this holiday season! Check out all of the products that you can get at Walmart at this link [insert link].
We accompanied the creamy chicken with rice and also some easy, homemade garlic bread and it was a delicious meal.
Over the next few months, we have a lot of fun activities planned with our family members that live close or that will be coming into town for the festivities. For many of those activities, we always coordinate who will be bringing different types of foods.
In particular, for our family Christmas party, we often share different kinds of homestyle meals. I am definitely planning on bring this new recipe this year, so that everyone can enjoy it.
This recipe goes great accompanied by tortilla chips, but personally, we love accompanying it with garlic bread.
You can always buy frozen, ready to bake garlic bread, but I prefer making it homemade. All you really need is a loaf of French bread, butter, McCormick® Garlic Powder, and McCormick® Parsley (optional). The final product is delicious and perfect for serving with the creamy chicken.
I hope that you enjoy both of these delicious recipes this holiday season and beyond with your family. What are your favorite recipes for the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!
Delicious Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans Drained
- 1 Can Organic Yellow Corn Drained
- 1 Can Organic Diced Tomatoes Drained
- 1 Package Cream Cheese 8 oz
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Paprika
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Add the butter to a small frying pan over medium heat with the onion, red pepper, and garlic and sauté.
- Add everything to the slow cooker, starting with the chicken (including the onion, pepper, and garlic from the first step) and cook on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, shred the chicken and mix everything together.
- Serve with rice or in a bowl.
Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Garlic Powder
- McCormick® Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the French Bread into slices and put on a baking sheet
- Melt the butter and add the garlic, mixing well
- Coat each piece of French Bread with the garlic butter mixture
- Sprinkle Parsley on each piece of French Bread
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.