These mini chicken fajita bowls are so easy to make and perfect for game day. To make them you will need to buy mini flour tortilla boats from Old El Paso – they are the perfect size to serve while watching the game!
Saturday around here is game day, and along with it we always like to have delicious food. We like to eat onion rings, chips and dip, and more! A few weeks ago I shared this recipe for extra crispy panko fried shrimp, and showed how they go perfectly in these Old El Paso flour tortilla boats. They were a hit when we had a family game day football watching party at my in-laws’ house. Everyone loved them and they were so convenient. Today, however, I want to show you how to make a recipe using the Old El Paso mini flour tortilla boats.
For this recipe, I decided to fry the mini flour tortilla bowls to give them a crunchy texture, and then I cooked some delicious chicken fajita meat and veggies to put inside. The result was a delicious addition to our game day fare!
You can find these Old El Paso flour tortilla boats and many other delicious Old El Paso products at your local Walmart. I always try to have their taco shells and refried beans on hand for a quick weeknight taco dinner when I am in a hurry.
To make these, you should start by heating up enough oil to submerge the flour tortilla boats. Once it is hot enough, add the boats and fry them until they are golden brown – then remove and pat dry with paper towels.
Next, cook the chicken fajita meat and veggies. I did this by adding a little bit of olive oil to a hot pan and cooking the chicken until it was cooked through. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder. Once the chicken is done, I added the green peppers and onions and let it cook until all of the flavors were combined together.
The final step is to add the chicken fajita mixture to the mini bowls, top with sour cream, hot sauce, cheese, and tomatoes, and enjoy!
These are perfect for game day because they are small enough that you can make a lot and there is plenty to go around.
I hope that you enjoy this fun recipe next time the big game comes on!
Mini Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 1 Box of Old El Paso Mini Flour Tortilla Boats
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- salt pepper, cumin, garlic powder, paprika for seasoning
- Cheese Sour Cream, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil to medium heat and then add the flour tortilla boats.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove from oil, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and heat with a little bit of olive oil.
- Season with all of the seasonings listed.
- Add the green pepper and heat until cooked through.
- Add the chicken fajita mixture to the flour tortilla boats and add cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and hot sauce.