Para Leer en Español, Haz Click Aqui.
Fall is finally here and that means it is time for lots of delicious soups, chili, and amazing desserts! Pumpkin Pie is very popular here in the United States around this time of year, so I decided to add a bit of extra creaminess by creating these pumpkin pie cheesecake bars, with a pecan topping. You are going to love these!
Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. In Mexico there really isn’t any big change of seasons like there is here, and where I am from originally, it is always hot and humid. Here in Colorado it is a different story though! I love watching the colors of the leaves change and all of the other beautiful changes this time of year brings.
Also, this time of year is exciting for me as a mother of two little boys that love the Halloween traditions of dressing up and asking for candy.
Along with all of the fun activities that take place this time of year, it is important to have lots of great recipes – and those that include pumpkin are even more popular. Today I want to share with you all this recipe for pumpkin pie cheesecake bars – I promise that you will be begging for more!
To start we will need to prepare the base of the pumpkin pie cheesecake bars. This pie crust recipe is easy to make and much better than the pre-made pie crust that you can find in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket. This worked perfectly for me and left little room for error.
The next step is to prepare the pumpkin pie cheesecake filling (see recipe below for details). After you bake the crust with the filling for 30 minutes, you will add the pecan streusel for an extra crunch before baking for an additional 25-30 minutes. If you aren’t a fan of pecans you can skip this step. For mine, I left the streusel off of one part because one of my boys doesn’t like nuts at all. I will add that he did try it with the pecans and he said that it wasn’t too bad, which was a victory for me!
These pumpkin pie cheesecake bars are a great alternative to your standard pumpkin pie and are still delicious! It is a great option for serving a large crowd, because you can make lot and it is easy to serve. They are creamy and firm and make a lot of portions. They are even better if you add a little bit of whipped cream (homemade or store bought is great).
These would go great with a nice hot cup of apple cider or hot chocolate. I hope that you enjoy this great recipe! What are your favorite recipes and traditions for this time of the year?
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars
For the Base
- 1 Cup of cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
For the Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake filling
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 can 15 oz of Pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
For the Pecan Streusel
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter cold and cut into small piece
- 1/3 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil.
- Prepare the base by passing all of the ingredients through a food processor until they form a nice smooth crust. Spread it out on the baking pan. (You can use store bought as well)
- Prepare the filling by passing all of the filling ingredients through a food processor until smooth. Pour over the pie crust base and bake for 30 minutes while you are preparing the pecan streusel.
- Prepare the pecan streusel by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stirring until well combined.
- Remove the bars from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Then spread the pecan streusel over the top and bake for an additional 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold with whipped cream on top.