This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubCloth #CollectiveBias
This triple chocolate pie is made with dark chocolate, white chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate. It has the consistency of mousse, and comes with a delicious vanilla cookie crust. If you are a chocolate lover like me, this is definitely the pie for you. Also, as a bonus, I am going to share a tutorial for an easy wooden dish cloth hanger/menu board to hang in your kitchen!
My family and I love chocolate! It can be brownies, chocolate chip cookies, or anything else – as long as it has chocolate, we are going to love it. That is why I am excited to share this recipe for triple chocolate pie with all of you today. If it is your turn to bring a dessert to a family get together or other event this year, this would be a great option and I am sure that everyone will love it! Once you see how easy it is to make, I know that you will agree.
To make the triple chocolate pie, you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Vanilla cookies
- Melted Butter
The key is to make three separate mousse-like fillings by following the instructions in the recipe that I am include at the end of this post.
The end result looks great, and tastes great and I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do! For other great recipes like this and tutorial ideas, click here.
Now, I have to say that making a triple chocolate pie will result in some dirty dishes that you will definitely want to clean right away. I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite cleaning tools in the kitchen is my dish towel. I am always using this to help get the food off of my dishes, but the problem is that sometimes they aren’t quite enough to get everything off and I end up using my finger or knife to get it off. Well, now those days are over because I recently discovered a new product that combines the reliability of dish cloths with great scrubbing power – the product is the new Scotch-Brite® Scrubbing Dish Cloths.
These work great, because one side of the cloth is a high quality fiber dish cloth, and the other side has Scotch-Brite scrubbing dots that make it quicker and easier to clean up the dishes. They are washable and you can re-use them too, so they are the perfect addition to your dish cleaning routine. I have been using them for a couple of weeks now, and I love that they scrub and clean, but don’t scratch dishes.
You can find these Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloths at Walmart in the cleaning aisle, and they are available as 2 packs in tan, coral, and navy for $4.98. Also, there is a $1.00 instant redeemable coupon available on this product that you have to redeem at the cash register. Just to make it clear, there should be a coupon stuck onto these products, but you should not remove it until you are ready to check out. When you get to the cash register, take off the coupon, and hand it to the cashier to redeem it.
Now, since we are talking about cleaning the kitchen, I want to share a bonus tutorial as well! Today I am going to show you how to make a simple, DIY sign to hang in your kitchen. Part of it includes using chalkboard paint so that you can easily write out your menu for the day or your to-do list. It also includes a couple of hooks on the bottom where you can hang your dish cloths.
All you will need is the following:
- One 1×8 piece of wood, cut to about 18 inches length.
- 1 can of chalkboard spray paint
- 1 or 2 double robe hooks from your local hardware store (with screws to install).
- Hardware for hanging on the wall.
- Acrylic Paint
The first step is to cut the wood to the correct size. We cut ours to 18 inches.
We then taped off the top and bottom edges, and used chalkboard spray paint so that we can use it to write on easily in the kitchen.
When the chalkboard paint had dried, we took off the tape and wrote “Menu” along the top using acrylic paint.
Finally, we added the double coat hooks to hang the kitchen cloths and then hung it on the wall in our kitchen.
This is an easy tutorial that will look great in your kitchen and that is functional as well!
Triple Chocolate Pie
For the Crust
- 1/2 package of vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
For the Pie Filling
- 3 sets of prepared unflavored gelatin for each - 1/4 cup of water + 4 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin - dissolve the gelatin in the water and let sit for about 5 minutes, until it has a sponge-like texture. Then heat in the microwave for 10 seconds until it is completely liquid again.
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
For the Crust
- Add the vanilla wafer cookies to a food processor or blender with the brown sugar and cocoa powder and pulverize.
- Put down on the bottom of a 9" springform pan and add the melted butter.
- Combine and flatten along the bottom, then refrigerate while you do the next steps.
For the Pie Filling
- (Do the following steps with each type of chocolate)
- Melt the chocolate very well until smooth.
- Add 1 set of the prepared unflavored gelatin mix from above, mix well.
- Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, add a tablespoon of sugar, and beat until a whipped cream forms.
- Fold into the melted chocolate a little at a time, and then stir well at the end.
- Pour over the crust of the pie for the first layer.
- Refrigerate while preparing the other layers.
- Repeat with all three types of chocolate, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before enjoying.