This Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is really good! You will find many chocolate chip cookies claiming to be the best, but not here. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, what I do know is that it is really good, really easy, and you can make it in a hurry!
Chocolate chip cookies are definitely one of the most popular dessert options around. It seems like no matter what the theme of your party or get-together, chocolate chip cookies always make an appearance. The only reason I can think of is that they are so popular, is because they are so delicious! I mean who doesn’t love a nice, soft, chewy and extra-chocolaty cookie? I know I do!
If you search around on Pinterest or Google, you will find infinite chocolate chip cookies recipes. Many claim to be the best, and you know what? Maybe they are! I don’t want to go as far as to say that these are the best chocolate chip cookies, but I will say that they are really, really good! They have the perfect amount of butter, combine both baking powder and baking soda, and include a secret ingredient that gives them even more flavor – agave syrup! Another one of the ingredients that I use is Mexican vanilla extract – of course you can use normal vanilla extract too, but I really can taste a difference when I use this one!
One of the best things about this cookie is that you don’t have to let the cookie dough chill before baking. That isn’t to say that you can’t, but it definitely isn’t a required step in order to make sure that they cookies come out perfectly.
This particular recipe is the result of quite a few experiments with other recipes, trying to find the perfect combination. Each time that we have made these chocolate chip cookies, they have ended up staying very soft for at least a week (when they lasted that long!). We just put them in a big Ziploc bag when we are done eating them, and then keep going back for more for the next few days. We took these to a picnic with the family a few weeks ago, and everyone really liked them!
Now, with no further adieu, I leave you with a few pictures of the process and the recipe at the bottom. Be sure to let me know how they turned out for you!
Really Good Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (No-Chilling Necessary)
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of Agave
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until completely melted.
- Add the melted butter and the sugars to a large mixing bowl and beat for about 15-30 seconds, or until somewhat creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and the agave and continue beating for 15-20 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt and stir together.
- Add the flour mix about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing in between, until you have used all of it and the cookie dough is firm, but slightly sticky.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Form tablespoon size balls and place on a baking sheet, about three to a row.
- Add a few chocolate chips on top of each and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven (they may not look done, but they are) and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in a Ziploc or other plastic bag.