Inside: French fries are without a doubt one of the most popular foods around. Today we are going to learn how to make Mexican style carne asada fries!
Para Leer en Español, Haz Click Aqui
This recipe for carne asada fries is popular on hot sunny days, since it allows us to get outside to grill the delicious carne asada. Those are always my favorite times to spend with family and friends.
This recipe is fresh and delicious and almost everyone will love it. The main ingredient is the delicious and popular Mexican carne asada which is slowly marinated for an unforgettable flavor.
How Do You Make Carne Asada Fries?
Carne asada fries is a simple, but delicious meal. You will start by adding a layer of golden french fries. Yuo can buy them at the store or make your own.
The second layer is shredded cheese which you should then melt in the oven over the fries in a cast iron skillet like this one.
My husband told me about a similar meal that he ate when he was in Bolivia years ago. It also had fries and steak, but was topped with different types of meat, such as sausage, and also hard boiled eggs. I have also heard that similar dishes are popular in other parts of the United States like in San Diego.
With summer right around the corner, this is a great idea for your next gathering with friends and family. You can also just eat it any time that you are craving some delicious Tex-Mex food. The combination of flavors, the freshness of the pico de gallo, and the delicious carne asada will make this one of your favorites.
I made this recipe a few days ago for a get together with friends, and it was a success. I always serve it with guacamole, which is one of my favorites too. Find my recipe for an authentic guacamole here.
This recipe is fast and easy and very Mexican. Don’t miss out and let me know how it turns out in the comments below.
Other Great Tex-Mex and Mexican Recipes
- The Best Smothered Carne Asada Burritos Recipe
- The Best Tex-Mex 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- The Best Chili Con Carne
- How To Make Authentic Sweet Tamales (3 Different Varieties)
- How to Make Authentic Mexican Tamales
Best carne asada fries
- Prepare the fries according to the instructions or make your own.
- Add the fries to the bottom layer of the pan or skillet.
- Add the shredded cheese and bake at 375 degrees until cheese is melted.
- Add the carne asada, the the guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo and salsa verde.
- Serve hot.