This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Inside: These Brown Sugar, Bacon Wrapped Smokies are always a hit during the holiday season and are so easy to make. Keep reading to find out more.
This is my favorite time of year. I love all of the fun gatherings that we plan with our family and just the general good feeling that is in the air. We are lucky to have lots of family members close by, so we are almost never alone on major holidays. My husband’s parents and some siblings live really close, and we get together as often as possible.
This past week, for example, we went to my in-laws house to celebrate Halloween. The tradition that we have is to have a Halloween-themed dinner. At the dinner, there are lots of delicious menu items, all with Halloween-inspired names. For example, we had bat wings (chicken wings), skeleton legs (breadsticks), jiggly brains (gelatin), and witch’s brew (root beer). Our contribution this year was these brown sugar, bacon wrapped smokies (known for one day as “frank”enstein bolts).
Although we made this recipe for Halloween this year, it is perfect for any other holiday gathering as well. We often make these for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well, and they are almost always the first thing to be all eaten up.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Smokies
This recipe is so easy to make. All you need are the following three simple ingredients, and a slow cooker.
- Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage;
- Brown Sugar; and
The first step is to cut the bacon down the middle, so that they are in thinner strips. Next, wrap each sausage in one piece of bacon, and stick a toothpick through to keep the bacon in place.
Once all of the Lit’l Smokies® have been wrapped in bacon, add them in a couple of different layers to your slow cooker. Next, cover them all with a generous amount of brown sugar and turn the slow cooker up to high heat.
After 2 hours, you will want to go in and move them around a little bit so that the ones on the bottom get cooked completely as well.
After about 3-4 hours total, they are ready to serve!
We were able to find all of the ingredients for this recipe, including the Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage, at Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club is a great place to get all of your shopping done for large holiday gatherings. You will have no problem finding everything you need. The Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage was located in the refrigerated aisle near the bacon and other meats.
We had such a great time at our Halloween party this year, and we look forward to making this and other recipes before the end of the year. I hope that you can make this recipe a part of your holiday traditions as well. Let me know in the comments below how it turns out!
Other Appetizers You Might Enjoy
- How To Make Perfect, Extra Crispy Homemade Onion Rings From Scratch
- How To Make The Best Extra Crispy, Deep Fried Pickles
- The Freshest, Most Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe You Will Find
- Extra Crispy Chorizo Potato Balls (Papas Rellenas)
- Bacon, Cheddar, and Chipotle Corn Dip
Brown Sugar, Bacon-Wrapped Smokies Recipe
- 1/2 Package Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage
- 1-2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 pound Bacon Cut down the middle into thin strips.
- Wrap each sausage in bacon and stick with a toothpick to keep bacon in place
- Add bacon wrapped sausages to slow cooker.
- Cover with Brown Sugar and turn on slow cooker to high heat
- After 2 hours, carefully stir the sausages, so that those on top are now on the bottom. Let cook for 1 additional hour.