This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Smithfield and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Chipotle-Glazed Pork Loin is full of flavor and perfect for serving a large holiday crowd.
I love the time of year when all of the holidays start to arrive one after another. Not only is it great to see family and friends, but I also love trying new recipes. The recipe that I am sharing today is one that I came up with a few nights ago when I had a crowd to feed and two large Smithfield Fresh Pork Loin Filets.
Growing up in Mexico, I ate a lot of spicy foods. Since coming to the United States, I have opted for a less spicy diet, but I still love to add a little bit of a kick to my recipes whenever I can. This recipe is not overly spicy, but it has that incomparable smoky chipotle flavor infused into the sauce.
I love using Smithfield Fresh Pork because I know that it is fresh and tastes great, which gives me confidence to make many great recipes. As soon as I opened up these pork loin filets, I could see and touch the freshness when I sliced into it. For more great recipes using Smithfield Fresh Pork, click here.
In addition to the chipotle-glazed pork loin, I decided to serve one of my favorite pasta side dishes from growing up – spaghetti with creamy white sauce and pineapples. If you haven’t tried this, you need to. The sauce is a simple white sauce made of table cream, salt, and pepper. You just add it to the cooked spaghetti and cook through before adding chunks of fresh pineapple and butter. It may sound different if you haven’t tried it like this before, but I guarantee that you will like it.
If you need to serve a lot of people, you will want to use at least 2 or 3 pork loin filets. After it is cooked, cut it into thin slices so that everyone can try as much as possible.
I am planning on serving this at a few holidays this year, including dia de los muertos, halloween, and maybe even Christmas later this year.
What are your favorite meals to make during the holiday season?
Chipotle-Glazed Pork Loin Recipe
- 4 lbs of Smithfield Fresh Pork Loin
- Salt White Pepper, Cumin to season the pork
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
for the Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of cola soft drink
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of red cooking wine
- 1/4 of a can of chipotle in adobo salsa or more or less depending on how spicy you want it
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- Spice mix consisting of 1 teaspoon of white ground pepper 1 tablespoon of paprika, and 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon of parsley, oregano, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add all of the sauce ingredients except for the pork to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Make diagonal cuts with a sharp knife on the top of the pork loin.
- Sear each side of the pork loin in a hot pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put in a baking pan and cover with the sauce made in the first step.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Serve with white spaghetti