Inside: Find out how to make the most delicious jalapeno cornbread using simple, but tasty ingredients.
We received a free Wolf Gourmet® Elite Countertop Oven with Convection in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
In Mexico, corn is an important part of the diet. You can find many different types of food that use corn – including Mexican street corn, esquite, and of course corn tortillas.
That is why it is no surprise that I still love making recipes with corn here in the US. One recipe that I have always enjoy is cornbread. The standard version yuo find in the US is good, but I like to add some spice. That is why I created this delicious version of jalapeno cornbread to share with all of you.
The best part about this recipe is that you can use a cornbread mix, and just dress it up a bit to get all of the tasty flavors that you would expect from jalapeno cornbread.
How Do You Make Jalapeno Cornbread
In order to make this cornbread, you will start with a box of cornbread mix from the store. However, you won’t just be following the instructions on the box.
In addition to the mix, this recipe calls for chopped jalapenos, creamed corn, cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and bacon bits.
All you have to do to make it is mix all of the ingredients together and pour them into a pre-greased pan before baking in your oven.
Since this is a side dish, sometimes the main ovens are busy making the main dish. That is why I love to make this recipe and others in my Wolf Gourmet® Elite Countertop Oven with Convection. It is the perfect size to fit on my countertop and it looks super sleek as well!
I got one of these a couple months ago, and I have been using it ever since. I love that it has seven cooking modes – baking, broiling, toasting, reheating, and more. Although I didn’t use it for this recipe, it also has a built-in temperature probe so that is really convenient when you need to get the temperature just right.
For this recipe, I used the baking pan that came with the oven and the results were great! I definitely recommend this as a second oven – especially because it doesn’t take up a ton of space!
What can you serve with Jalapeno Cornbread?
One of the good things about this side dish is that you can serve it with a wide variety of main dishes. Check out some options below:
- Authentic Mexican Birria Recipe (3 Methods)
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Smoked Brisket Recipe on a Traeger (With the Best Homemade Mop Sauce)
- How To Make Delicious Smoked Ribs
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Delicious Mexican Style Smoked Whole Chicken Recipe
Whatever you decide to serve this with, I am sure it will be a hit! Let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you.
Delicious Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe
- 1 box cornbread mix 8.5 oz
- 1 egg may vary based on package instructions
- 1/3 cup milk may vary based on package instructions
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to the package instructions. Please note, the egg and milk listed above are commonly required ingredients in these mixes, but you should follow the instructions for the brand that you use.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add to a pre-greased baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Serve immediately or when cooled.