Inside: This Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash is a great option for serving a crowd and you can make it in no time at all!
We are blessed to have a large family that visits often, especially during the holidays. We love having people over as much as possible and we always try to make our guests feel at home. One part of that is ensuring that there is always good food.
I always try to make a big, tasty breakfast when people come to visit. When there are a lot of people coming over, it can be tough to make enough to fill everyone up. That is why I have quite a few recipes that I like to turn to in that situation, including this Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash.
How Do You Make Breakfast Hash?
Hash is a great option for breakfast because it is easy to make and can serve many people. The basic hash recipe consists of potatoes, bacon, onions, and spices. The possibilities are truly endless, which is one reason why I love making hash for breakfast.
You make it by cooking the onions, potato, and bacon together in a skillet and then adding in other ingredients as desired.
For this Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash, I wanted to give the basic hash an upgrade and add some Tex-Mex flavors. Specifically, I added chopped roasted poblano to the hash mixture and garnished it with guacamole and salsa roja.
The kicker on this recipe though, and what really makes it tasty is the addition of Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon. No matter the time of year, Smithfield has amazing ingredients and recipes for any occasion. Visit the Smithfield website for some tips and simple recipes to help make your holiday gatherings a breeze!
Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon is the perfect savory ingredient to elevate any recipe and it is so popular at our house. You can eat it alone or incorporate it into a recipe like this hash. No matter how you use it, you can’t go wrong. You can buy Smithfield Bacon at your local grocery store. It is available in a wide variety of flavors and cuts, so make sure to pick some up for this holiday season and beyond.
I made this for my family the other day, and it was definitely a hit. I am excited to make it the next time that we have guests staying with us, and I am sure it will be popular with them as well.
What are some of your favorite recipes for serving a crowd? Let me know in the comments below.
Other Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Chilaquiles Recipe
- How To Make Authentic Huevos Motuleños
- The Best Huevos Rancheros
- The Most Delicious Thirty-Minute Bananas Foster French Toast Recipe
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- Mexican Style Machaca Eggs (Great for Breakfast Burritos)
Tex-Mex Bacon and Potato Hash
- 5 Slices Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon Diced
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes Cut into cubes
- 1 Poblano Pepper Roasted, with skin and seeds removed, and diced
- 1/2 Cup Corn Drained
- 1/4 White Onion Diced
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup White Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Cup Guacamole To Garnish, Optional
- 1 Cup Salsa Roja To Garnish, Optional
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, remove excess grease from pan and set bacon aside on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, and cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the poblano peppers and the spices and stir well.
- Add the bacon that you prepared earlier and the cheese, and mix well.
- Serve hot with guacamole and salsa roja.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield