Inside: Learn how to make this super-easy bananas foster french toast recipe in less than thirty-minutes using common ingredients that are easy to find.
I have mentioned in other recipes that breakfast in Mexico is the most important meal of the day. That is why I love finding making delicious recipes like this bananas foster french toast. Although this particular type of breakfast may not be common in Mexico, I sure do love making it for my family here in the United States!
Para Español, haz click aquí
A couple of years ago, my husband planned a weekend escape for our anniversary. He secretly planned everything, from who would watch the boys, to the fancy dinner, to a couples massage, and a nice hotel. This all came as an amazing surprise for me. It was a very relaxing weekend and we were able to try some great restaurants too.
The restaurant that we went to for breakfast was beautifully decorated and had a great environment. That is where we first tried Banana’s Foster french toast, which is what I ordered. It was so delicious and I couldn’t stop eating it even though it was a very large portion!
Those that know me know that I love spicy, savory foods. I like sweets too, but they always come second. For example, sometimes I will buy ice cream thinking that I will be eating it soon, and a few days later when I am ready to eat I come to find that my husband already finished it off days earlier!
All that said, there are some sweet recipes that I can’t stop eating. Bananas Foster French toast is now one of them, and it has quickly become a favorite.
We now make this on a regular basis, including for our “breakfast in bed” birthday traditions. We simply love it!
How Do You Make Bananas Foster French Toast
One of the great things about this particular recipe is that it is easy to make and uses common ingredients like bananas, whipping cream, brown sugar, and vanilla. I always start by making the french toast, because the bananas foster sauce doesn’t take very long to make.
To make the sauce, you start by melting the butter and then adding the brown sugar. Next, you add the whipping cream, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and let it simmer. Finally, add the freshly sliced bananas to finish it off.
I hope that you will try this recipe on one of those lazy days where everyone is at home, relaxing and spending time as a family. The secret to making this Bananas Foster french toast is having nice, thick bread, and making the Bananas Foster sauce very carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
Some people add rum to the recipe, but I don’t like it, so I haven’t included it in this recipe. In my opinion it doesn’t affect the flavor at all!
Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
If you are looking for some more great breakfast recipes, sweet or savory, check out these:
- Strawberry and Cream Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Sweet Crepes with White Chocolate Whipped Cream + 10 Fun Ideas for Crepe Fillings
- The Best Huevos Rancheros
- The Best Chilaquiles Recipe
- Avocado Toast with Machaca Eggs and Pico de Gallo
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Be sure to try this recipe and don’t forget to leave a review in the comments below.
Bananas Foster French Toast
For the French Toast
- 10 Slices of Thick Cut Bread I used Texas Toast
- 1-2 cups of whipping cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
For the Bananas Foster
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of whipping cream
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Bananas cut into round slices
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the bread, and mix well.
- Submerge each slice of bread in the mix, and turn it over to make sure the other side is covered as well.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the toast, one side at a time until slightly browned. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Let simmer for about one minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir well, and continue cooking over medium-low heat for about 3 additional minutes.
- Serve immediately over the French Toast with whipped cream and powdered sugar if desired.