Inside: Learn how to make this refreshing strawberry lemonade recipe from scratch and be prepared to be amazed at how delicious it is!
Para Leer en Español, Haz Click Aquí.
I love fresh juices, especially when they are made with real fruit. Being from a very hot city in Mexico where there definitely is no Winter, fresh, cold beverages are very popular.
Horchata, Agua de Jamaica (hibiscus tea), and of course fruity beverages like this strawberry lemonade are a big hit when it is hot outside.
This strawberry lemonade recipe is especially convenient when strawberries are in season. I mean, what is better than a delicious drink for a fraction of the cost?
This is a great choice for parties, barbecues, or for any other family get togethers. The perfect amount of lemon balances the sweet flavor of the strawberry syrup that forms the base of this recipe. You can use this same syrup to go with ice cream, crepes, or even cakes!
How Do You Make Strawberry Lemonade From Scratch?
To make this recipe, you will need to start by making the homemade strawberry syrup.
Do so by adding a 16 ounce package of fresh strawberries, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and 1/4 cup of water to a pot, and bringing it to a slow boil until the strawberries are soft (about 5-8 minutes). Then, let the syrup rest at room temperature.
Finish by blending the syrup with 1 cup of lemon juice, and 2 liters of water. Finally, pour the entire mixture into a pitcher and add ice, fresh cut strawberries, lemons, and ice.
You see? That wasn’t so difficult, was it? This recipe has served me very well over the years and everyone is impressed when they find out it is homemade.
Let me know in the comments below how it turned out.
Other Homemade Beverages
- Authentic Mexican Horchata That You Can Make At Home
- Hibiscus Tea Recipe (Agua de Jamaica)
- The Best Virgin Piña Colada Recipe (Piñada)
- Easy Raspberry Milkshake Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 16 oz package of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of lemon juice around 5 lemons
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 2 liters of water
- Extra strawberries cut up into smaller pieces
- Start by making the strawberry syrup, adding the strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan and bringing to a slow boil until the strawberries are softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Let the syrup cool at room temperature.
- Blend the strawberry syrup with the water and the lemon juice.
- Pour into a pitcher and add fresh strawberries and lemons, and serve with ice.
Tuesday 12th of October 2021
Must make! Followed the instructions and it came out great.
Sunday 26th of July 2020
Wow perfect for this hot summer weather.
Saturday 27th of June 2020
Very good recipe! I use only one cup of sugar and still very good, more than sweet enough. I’ve also used Blackberries with this recipe and was quite good as well.
Black Raspberry & Vanilla Ice Cream Float - My Latina Table
Thursday 15th of August 2019
[…] The Best Made-From-Scratch Strawberry Lemonade […]
Charlotte @ What Charlotte Baked
Friday 14th of April 2017
This looks like summer in a glass! I bet this would be great in a big pitcher at a barbecue