This three cheese Chicken Parmesan is sure to be a hit with everyone that tries it. It has three different types of cheeses with delicious pasta sauce makes for an amazing meal to enjoy with your family any night of the week!
Being from Mexico originally, there are a lot of traditional recipes and meals here in the United States that I never tried until I moved here, including Chicken Parmesan. At first I was hesitant to try too many of them, but over the years I have grown to really love many different types of foods that are served here in the United States.
Some of my favorites are the American version of Italian favorites like Lasagna and Chicken Parmesan. The first time I tried Chicken Parmesan was a few years ago when my husband made it for me. He is quite the cook himself, so it was amazing! After trying it, it quickly became a regular at our table.
Chicken Parmesan is a perfect homestyle meal that everyone in my family loves. We always serve it with tasty pasta and lots of cheese – which is why this version uses three different cheeses to bring in some great flavors. That said, Chicken Parmesan isn’t complete without having a perfect pasta sauce to accompany it.
You can easily make this with a homemade sauce if that is what you want. However, it is usually easier just to buy a delicious sauce at the store. That is what I usually do and this always turns out great.
Chicken Parmesan is really not difficult to make. It does require a little bit of work to make sure that you bread the chicken correctly and include all of the right ingredients, but if you follow the recipe below, you are sure to end up with a great home style meal tonight for you and your family.
We usually serve Chicken Parmesan with a simple pasta such as fettuccine, tossed with butter, garlic, and Italian herbs and spices. We then serve the chicken on top and sometimes will add some more sauce to complete the meal.
One thing is for certain – once you try this, it will become a regular on your menu!
Don’t forget to come back and tell me how it turned out or if there is anything that you would change. Let me know in the comments below.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- Three Cheese Lasagna
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Sheet pan Flank Steak
- Sheet Pan Garlic and Lemon Chicken
Helpful Products for this Recipe
Measuring Spoons/Cups: You are going to need to measure all of the different ingredients that you use to make this Chicken Parmesan. I don’t know about you, but my measuring cups always seem to get separated and sometimes I can’t find the one I need. I recommend this set, because it has the spoons and cups all together, is stainless steel, and has a solid ring to keep them together.
Kitchen Prep Bowls: Since you have to use multiple bowls in this recipe for the the bread crumb mixture and the egg wash, it is important to have some good kitchen prep bowls. I like these ones because they can be used to prep and they are good for serving as well.
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 Cups of Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup of shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- Salt Pepper, Paprika, Cumin, Italian Seasoning
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Create an egg wash station by filling a bowl with the milk and combining it with the egg and some salt and pepper.
- Cut the shaved Parmesan Cheese into tiny pieces and add to a separate bowl with the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Submerge the chicken breasts in the egg wash and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
After breading the chicken, sear each piece of chicken on both sides in a hot frying pan with a small amount of oil until browned
- Add a small amount of pasta sauce to the baking dish and then add the pieces of chicken on top.
- Top each piece of chicken with more sauce.
- Top each piece of chicken with the provolone, then the mozzarella, and finally with the remaining Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Top with Italian seasonings.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes and serve with pasta that is tossed with butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning.