Inside: These red, white, and blue rice krispie treat pops are a perfect option when you are looking for a unique 4th of July snack or dessert idea. You can decorate them red, white, and blue like I did for holidays like memorial day or the 4th of July, or you can use different colors for other occasions! No matter how you enjoy them, this recipe for rice krispie treats is amazing!
How Do You Make Rice Krispie Treats
Rice krispie treats are something that I never tried until I moved to the United States in 2010. Since then I have tried them quite a bit and now I really like them! They are a great, easy treat to make in a hurry. Also, they are versatile enough that you can make many different versions.
The basic recipe consists of butter, marshmallows, and rice krispie cereal. This recipe that one of my good friends gave me adds a few extra ingredients that really make them extra tasty!
Getting the quantities right is very important as well.
Most of the time you will see rice krispie treats served without and extra decoration and just as squares.
While that way is just fine and we do it like that all the time, sometimes I like to let my creativity run wild and try something new. One thing about rice krispie treats is that they can be pretty sticky.
That is why I decided to put a lollipop stick in one end of them to create these rice krispie treat pops!
Awhile back, I had an activity with some of the teenage girls at our church, and I brought these as a refreshmen. Let me tell you – they were a hit! Everybody loved the rice krispie treat pops, and they did not last very long.
On that occasion, I actually didn’t make the “pops” version, because it was going to be a little bit difficult to take them there. That is why I did a variation, leaving them in the pan and decorating the top with red, white, and blue like the ones below.
If you are looking for a new twist on an old classic, make sure you check out the recipe below and let me know how they turn out!
Here are some other great snack ideas
- The Best Churros Recipe with Sweet Piloncillo Dipping Sauce
- How To Make Authentic Sweet Tamales (3 Different Varieties)
- Honey Bunches of Oats® Marshmallow Bars
- Red, White and Blue Popcorn Balls
Rice Krispie Treat Pops (Red, White, and Blue)
- 10 Cups of rice krispie cereal
- 3 Sticks of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 3 bags of mini marshmallows
- Red White, and Blue melting chocolate
- Sucker Sticks
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the stove over low heat.
- Immediately add the marshmallows and cover, allowing the butter and marshmallows to slowly melt, stirring occasionally.
- When the marshmallows have melted completely, add the vanilla and the salt.
- Next add the rice krispie cereal, a few cups at a time and stir together.
- Coat the baking pan (and your hands) with butter and transfer the mixture to the baking pan.
- Press down into place and let cook until slightly hardened.
- Melt the chocolate according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the rice krispie treats into squares and then dip the end of the sucker stick into some of the melted chocolate before inserting it into one end of the rice krispie treat. Let sit for a few minutes before dipping in the chocolate and decorating as desired.