This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Inside: Find out how to make a fresh and delicious strawberry-basil bruschetta, finished off with an amazing honey-balsamic glaze.
Being a mom of three little boys can make it tough to keep it original in the kitchen. While it may be tempting to just repeat the same dishes, I like to have a variety of meals to choose from.
My favorite cuisine to cook is Mexican, but I love trying out other types of food as well. One delicious type of food that I have recently been experimenting with is the famous bruschetta.
The basic recipe for bruschetta consists of grilled bread, rubbed with garlic and olive oil and then topped with different toppings. It can include fruit, beans, cheese, and more.
The recipe that I want to share today takes the standard bruschetta and takes it up a notch by adding Montchevre Goat cheese, strawberries, basil, and a honey-balsamic glaze.
I chose Montchevre goat cheese as the spread for this recipe because it is not only delicious, but it has a high concentration of protein, calcium and vitamin D. It really is the perfect vehicle for anything else that you want to add to the bruschetta.
Montchevre goat cheese comes in many different flavors and varieties, so you can adapt it for so many different types of recipes. Below are a few of the flavors that I recently purchased.
Find out where you can buy Montchevre goat cheese near you at this link.
How to make a bruschetta
The toppings of a bruschetta are important, but getting the bread right is crucial as well. To make this bruschetta, I started with a delicious loaf of French bread, and sliced it into 1/2 inch thick slices.
The next step was to add olive oil and then lightly grill each slice on a hot frying pan or skillet.
Next, I added the Montchevre goat cheese. For this recipe, I used the Natural flavor, but I bet it would have gone well with the Lemon flavor as well!
After the spreading the goat cheese on the grilled bread, I went to work creating the strawberry-basil mixture and the balsamic-honey glaze. I mixed all of that together and added it on top of the goat cheese.
This recipe turned out great, and everyone in my family loved it. It can be served as an appetizer or as a meal! The possibilities are endless for bruschettas, so let your imagination run wild!
Don’t forget to let me know how it turned out for you in the comments below.
Other Tasty Appetizers
- Extra Crispy Homemade Onion Rings
- Fried Pickles
- Bacon, Cheddar, and Chipotle Corn Dip
- Extra Crispy Chorizo Potato Balls (Papas Rellenas)
- Easy Prosciutto and Gouda Turnovers
- Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 log Montchevre goat cheese Natural
- 3 Cups Strawberries Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Slice the French Bread into 16 slices.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil over each of the slices of French Bread
- Grill the bread on a hot frying pan or skillet until golden brown. You can also broil it for 1 minute in the oven.
- Spread the Montchevre goat cheese over each slice of grilled bread, coating one side entirely.
- In a separate bowl, combine the strawberries, basil, and honey.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small pot and reduce over medium heat on the stove for about 10 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the strawberry-basil and honey mixture and stir.
- Add the strawberry mixture on top of the layer of goat cheese and serve immediately.