Inside: Discover a new, elevated way to prepare the classic BLT sandwich. Add avocado, chipotle aioli, and roasted tomatoes for a delicious breakfast BLT that everyone will love.
This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays® English Muffins.
I love eating a hearty breakfast. In Mexico, breakfast is often the biggest meal of the day. That is why it is important to have lots of delicious options to choose from.
One type of sandwich that I learned about after moving to the United States was the classic BLT sandwich, which consists of bacon, lettuce and tomato between two pieces of perfectly toasted bread. I really enjoy BLT sandwiches now, but I am always looking for ways to make a classic even better.
While you can obviously eat a classic BLT for breakfast, I think that to make it a true breakfast meal, it needs a little bit more. That is why I came up with this Tex-Mex Breakfast BLT recipe that I am sharing today.
How To Make a Tex-Mex Breakfast BLT
To make this breakfast version of a BLT, you have to start with a good base. What better way to make a breakfast sandwich, then with a delicious English muffin? My favorite brand and the one that I used for this recipe is Bays English Muffins.
These are my favorite because they taste so good and easily elevate any meal – including a BLT! They are so easy to use, because they come pre-sliced. I have found that they have a softer, more delicious texture than any other brand of English muffin that I have used in the past.
When you buy them at the store, make sure to look in the dairy case, where they are chilled to maintain freshness.
Other than the Bays English Muffins, you will also need the following:
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Chipotle Aioli
I like to serve this particular sandwich open-faced, but you can also top it with the other half of the English muffin for a more classic look.
There isn’t a really big secret to putting this together. I started by toasting the Bay’s English muffin, then topping it with the aioli, followed by the lettuce, bacon, roasted tomatoes, avocado slices, and the over-easy egg.
Overall, this is a simple, yet delicious breakfast meal that really hits the spot. Let me know in the comments below how it turned out!
Other Breakfast Meals You Will Love
- The Best Chilaquiles Recipe
- Delicious Queso Fundido Strata Recipe with Chorizo
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- The Best Huevos Rancheros
- How To Make Authentic Huevos Motuleños
Tex-Mex Breakfast BLT Recipe
- 4 Eggs Cooked Over Easy or Over Hard
- 4 Bay's English Muffins Toasted
- 1 Cup Lettuce Chopped
- 4 Slices Bacon Cut in half and cooked
- 8 Slices Avocado
- 4 tbsp Chipotle Aioli
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the Chipotle Aioli
- 1/8 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp Chipotle salsa canned
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Chipotle Aioli
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
For the Tex-Mex Breakfast BLT
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice the tomatoes to make about 8 thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each slice and top with dried oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Start by frying the egg, over hard or over easy depending on your preference.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Form the BLT by putting the toasted English muffin on a plate and topping with the Chipotle Aioli. Next add the lettuce, the bacon, the roasted tomatoes, the avocado slices, and finally the fried egg.