Inside: Learn how to make these delicious frozen fruit bars using frozen yogurt and fresh fruit for a delicious Summer snack.
With Summer right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about some easy recipes that we can make to cool off on those hot sunny days.
One of my favorite recipes to use to cool off with are these frozen fruit bars. They are so simple to make, and they are better for you than most of the ice cream bars and other frozen treats that you will normally find at the store because they are made with frozen yogurt.
Growing up in Mexico, I was always used to eating fresh mango, pineapple, and more. As a result, we made lots of homemade desserts with fresh fruit.
I always loved going to the local stores to get creamy ice cream bars filled with different types of fruits that I could enjoy with my friends and family.
Since coming to the United States, I have tried to incorporate as much fresh fruit into my family’s diet as possible. My husband is a big fan of ice cream, but as you all know, ice cream isn’t always the healthiest dessert option.
That is why I decided to replicate some of the fresh ice cream bars from when I was a little girl. The difference being that these are made with plain yogurt instead of ice cream.
Just because these are made with yogurt instead of ice cream doesn’t mean that they aren’t delicious. In fact, I would say that they are even more delicious for that reason!
How To Make Frozen Fruit Bars
You can add whatever kind of fruit that you want, but for me I wanted to use some of the fruits that I loved eating when I was growing up.
That is why I used pineapple, mango, and kiwi. These three fruits all have a somewhat tropical theme, which I just love. I think that these would be delicious with strawberries or any other berries as well, so please use your imagination and let me know how they turn out for you!
To make these you will also need a popsicle mold and some popsicle sticks. It took me awhile to find the popsicle mold in my local stores, but you can find lots of great options online too if you want to avoid that search.
Making these definitely reminded me of my childhood, and my little boys absolutely loved them. I hope that you are able to build great memories with your family too as you make these frozen fruit bars together.
Other Great Desserts
- Lemon Carlota
- The Best (and easiest) Flan Napolitano Recipe
- The Most Delicious and Authentic Chocoflan Recipe
- Delicious Mexican Mosaic Gelatin Recipe (Gelatina de Mosaico)
- The Best Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Tropical Frozen Yogurt Bars Recipe
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Honey or more or less depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/2 cup Kiwi diced
- 1/2 cup Mango diced
- 1/2 cup Pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- Popsicle Sticks
- Popsicle Mold
- Mix the yogurt and the honey in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add a few pieces of fruit to the popsicle mold, then add a layer of yogurt and continue until you the entire mold is filled, ending with the layer of yogurt.
- Add a little bit of coconut at the end as well.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours or until completely frozen.
- To remove, place the plastic portion of the popsicle mold in a bowl with warm water until you are able to remove by pulling gently on the stick.