Inside: After making this homemade BBQ sauce recipe, you will never want to use store bought again!
If there is one type of sauce that we always have to have at our house, it is BBQ sauce. My husband is a huge fan and you will find him dipping everything in it. There are a few brands that he likes, but his favorite is definitely the homemade version that I like to make.
I like making as many things homemade as possible so that I know exactly what is going in the food I am serving. Of course, it isn’t practical to not have anything from the store, but this is one great option.
This BBQ sauce goes great in a variety of meals. One of my favorites is to use it for the BBQ sauce in this tasty BBQ pulled chicken recipe. The tangy flavors of this barbecue sauce are a perfect complement to the chicken.
How do you make homemade BBQ sauce?
This BBQ sauce includes a lot of ingredients, but it is so fast and easy to make! Some of the liquid ingredients that you will need are ketchup, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and worcestershire sauce. In addition to the liquid ingredients, you will add some other seasonings and spices as well.
All you have to do to finish the sauce up is to combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil and then let it simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens a little bit.
Once it is made, you can store it in a container or bottle and use for your favorite recipes.
Ever since I started making this barbecue sauce, we haven’t bought any at the store. It is so good and easy to make that it has become a staple at our house.
What are your favorite ways to use BBQ sauce? Let me know in the comments below.
Check Out These Other Great Sauce Recipes:
- The Most Delicious Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Authentic Mexican Salsa Ranchera Recipe
- Authentic Mexican Salsa Verde
- Authentic Mexican Salsa Roja
- Healthy Homemade Chipotle Salsa (Great as a Salad Dressing)
Fast and Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add to a bottle or container and store in refrigerator.