Inside: This delicious Apple Slaw recipe is an amazing side dish and goes great with smoked meats and more!
Have you ever made a delicious meal, just to not have any good side dish to go along with it? I know that has happened to me before, which is why I love to share quick and tasty side dishes whenever possible.
One of my favorite side dishes is coleslaw. You can find a simple and tasty version here – trust me, you will fall in love! Today, however, I am going to share a variation on traditional coleslaw using apples – it is appropriately called “apple slaw.”
While I love regular coleslaw, the extra crunch and tang that the apple gives to this recipe is so good. The dressing is also a bit different and is made to perfectly complement the other ingredients.
How do you make apple slaw?
You will need the following ingredients for the dry portion of the apple slaw recipe:
- shredded cabbage
- green apples
- shredded carrots
- chopped cilantro
- nuts (I prefer cashews)
These ingredients are strong enough to hold up to the flavors from the dressing, and they complement each other so well.
You make the dressing with a combination of tasty ingredients, including mayonaise, dijon mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
All you have to do is make the dressing, and then add it to the dry ingredients before mixing well and cooling in the refrigerator.
What do you serve apple slaw with?
You can serve Apple slaw as a side dish for a variety of recipes. Some of my favorites are the following:
- The Best BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
- How To Make Smoked Pulled Pork
- How To Make Delicious Smoked Ribs
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
- Easy Homemade Fried Chicken Sandwich
- How To Make Delicious Smoked Turkey on a Traeger
Whatever you serve it with, it will add something special to the meal.
Let me know in the comments below how this turned out for you!
Check out these other great side dishes
- Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- The Best Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
- Bacon and Garlic Asparagus
- Charro Beans
Homemade Apple Slaw
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 1/2 Green Apples Sliced into thin strips
- 2 Carrots Shredded
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cashews
For the Dressing
- 5 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.