Inside: After reading this post you will know how to make BBQ pulled chicken in a slow cooker that can be used for some delicious sliders.
Having three young and growing boys (four if you count my husband) means that it is important to have some easy and delicious recipes. I like recipes that I can make in the slow cooker and just finish off before serving. The recipe for BBQ pulled chicken sliders that I am sharing today fits that description perfectly.
How do you make BBQ pulled chicken?
This recipe is a great option to serve a crowd or a family. You can start by just adding a couple of chicken breasts, a pinch of salt, and about a cup of water to the slow cooker. You will then cook it on high for about 4 hours.
Once the chicken is cooked through, it should be easy to shred. The final step, after pulling the chicken, is to add BBQ sauce.
Of course, you can add store bought BBQ sauce, but I find that homemade is best. For my recipe, I added my delicious homemade BBQ sauce that you can find here. I like to make a lot of it and save it for recipes and as a dip with other recipes. It is tangy and delicious and is the perfect complement to the chicken in this recipe.
You will add the BBQ sauce back into the slow cooker with the pulled chicken and mix well before letting it cook for a few more minutes.
How do you make a BBQ pulled chicken slider?
Now that you have the pulled BBQ chicken, you may be asking how to serve it? You can always eat this by itself, but my favorite way to serve it is in slider form.
I always start with slider rolls or something similar. The BBQ chicken can be a bit juicy, so I like to toast the roll first before adding a nice portion of the chicken and topping it with homemade coleslaw or apple slaw and dill pickles. You shouldn’t have to add any additional BBQ sauce, but you can if you want!
These sliders are delicious and filling and everyone will enjoy them. You can also use these same instructions using smoked pulled pork if you prefer. Find the recipe here!
Let me know in the comments below how this turned out for you!
Other Great Recipes from My Latina Table:
- Smoked Brisket Recipe on a Traeger (With the Best Homemade Mop Sauce)
- How To Make Smoked Pulled Pork
- Smoked Pork Taquitos Smothered In Salsa Verde
- Delicious Jerk Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe with Lemon
Homemade BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Add the chicken breast, salt, and water to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Prepare the BBQ Sauce and set aside unless using store bought
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and drain any remaining liquids.
- Shred or pull the chicken and return to the slow cooker on the "keep warm" setting.
- Add the BBQ Sauce and mix well. Let cook for 10-15 additional minutes.
- Prepare the sliders by cutting the rolls in half and toasting them.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the BBQ chicken, 1/4 cup of apple slaw or coleslaw, and some pickles.