Inside: This Swedish meatballs recipes is easy to make and I guarantee people will be coming back and asking for more!
One of the most versatile types of recipes is those that include meatballs. There are so many ways to make them and to cook them, and they are all delicious!
In Mexico, it is most common to make meatballs and cook them in a broth, like in this Mexican meatball recipe. This gives them an amazing flavor and every time I make them they are a hit.
Here in the United States, you will see a lot of meatballs served with marinara sauce. You also will find them cooked in a slow cooker with a sweet sauce for a tasty appetizer.
What they all have in common, however, is that they are a delicious option for lunch or dinner. One type of meatball recipe that I didn’t try until I got to the United States was Swedish meatballs. The first time I tried them, however, I fell in love and had to figure out how to make them myself.
What are Swedish Meatballs?
Swedish meatballs usually consist of small to medium sized meatballs, fried, and then covered with a creamy white sauce. The combination of meat with the creamy sauce is so good and makes for a delicious comfort food.
For my version, I use an easy method of using pre-made frozen meatballs from Costco, cooking them either in the oven or on the stovetop, and then letting them simmer in the homemade cream sauce.
The authentic way would probably call for making the meatballs from scratch, but this easy method definitely works as well and these turned out great when I made them.
How do you serve Swedish Meatballs
The most common way that I have seen Swedish meatballs served is with egg noodles. That said, you can also serve them over rice or all by themselves.
I love how they taste with the noodles, though, so that is how I serve them to my family. When I made them last week, they didn’t last long at all and when you try them you will understand why.
Let me know in the comments below how this turned out for you.
Try these other Meatball recipes
- The Best Three Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs
- Authentic Mexican Meatballs Recipe (Albondigas Mexicanas)
- Easy Meatball Recipe (With Ground Bison)
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs
Easy Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 20 Frozen Meatballs
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Add the meatballs to a baking sheet and bake in the oven according to the package instructions, or until browned. You can also fry them in a frying pan if you prefer.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add the butter and the flour in a frying pan or cast iron pan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, dijon mustard, and heavy whipping cream and stir well. Continue cooking over medium low heat and add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the meatballs and let them cook with the cream sauce for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot