Inside: Learn how to make these delicious three ingredient crockpot meatballs, which are a perfect appetizer for any event.
A few weeks ago I was in charge of planning and executing my sister-in-law’s baby shower. I had a great time planning it out and coming up with crafts and games. My favorite part, though, was coming up with the menu. We wanted to have a variety of smaller appetizer-type foods that people could choose from.
One of the items that ended up on the menu were these delicious three-ingredient crockpot meatballs. They are so easy to make and serve, and everyone loved them!
I love making recipes that have a short list of ingredients and that are easy to make. These meatballs definitely fall into that category and I love making them whenever we have an event with food.
What Are The Three Ingredients?
For this recipe, you will only need to the following three ingredients:
- Meatballs (I buy a bag of frozen meatballs at Costco, but you can get them in pretty much any store)
- Grape Jelly
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
Some people use sweet chili sauce for similar recipes, but since there were a lot of people going to the baby shower, I thought it would be good to avoid too much spice. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out with just normal sweet and sour sauce, but it was definitely delicious!
How Do You Make These Three-Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs?
The great thing about this recipe is that you can throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours before you need to serve them.
To make this recipe, you will add the meatballs to your slow cooker and then you will add the grape jelly and the sweet and sour sauce. You can then cook over high or low heat, depending on when you need them to be done. After the meatballs have been cooking for awhile, you can stir them a bit to make sure that each meatballs is covered in the grapy jelly – sweet and sour sauce mixture.
This is definitely my go to recipe for quick and easy meatballs and I hope you enjoy them as well. Let me know in the comments below if you have any variations to this recipe that you have enjoyed!
Check Out These Other Great Appetizers
- Bacon, Cheddar, and Chipotle Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
- Extra Crispy Chorizo Potato Balls (Papas Rellenas)
- The Best Tex-Mex 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- Brown Sugar, Bacon Wrapped Smokies Recipe
- Easy Meatball Recipe (With Ground Bison)
The Best Three-Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs
- 40 Frozen Meatballs
- 10 oz sweet and sour sauce
- 16 oz grape jelly
- Add all of the ingredients to a crockpot and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- About half way through cooking, open the lid and stir well to make sure all of the meatballs are covered