Inside: Find out how to make the most delicious pumpkin pie recipe that everyone will love this holiday season.
There are a lot of holidays in the United States that we celebrate differently than in Mexico. That said, we do share a lot of holidays and traditions. One holiday, however, that is not celebrated at all in Mexico is Thanksgiving.
I fell in love with Thanksgiving from the first year that I celebrated it. Just the idea of having a whole day dedicated to being grateful was really cool to me! Not just that, but being able to try many different kinds of foods is always great too.
One of the first things I noticed about Thanksgiving is that pies are a big part of it. The first time we celebrated it with my husband’s family, there were so many pies to try, including pecan pie, apple pie, chocolate pie, and more! One type of pie that I really love, though, is pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie is one of my favorites because I just love the taste of pumpkin combined with delicious spices. I definitely went through a few slices on my first Thanksgiving and have every year since too.
How Do You Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie?
It is much easier than you may think to actually make pumpkin pie. In general, what you will need is the following:
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice mix (store bought or homemade)
- Evaporated Milk
- Pie Crust (store bought or homemade)
The filling is very easy to make and then you just bake it together with the crust and you will have a pumpkin pie that everyone will love in no time!
Homemade Pie Crust v. Store Bought
You may be asking whether you should be using homemade pie crust or pie crust that you can buy in the store. The answer here is that it really depends on how much time you have and your own preference. You can get some really good, easy to use pie crusts from the store. That is what I used for this particular recipe, but homemade can be just as good and even much better if you have the right crust.
The convenience of using store bought crust is nice if you don’t have as much time and don’t want to risk the pie crust not coming together correctly. However, you can definitely feel a much greater sense of accomplishment if you make your own.
If you do want to make your own, you can use the same pie crust recipe as you will find in my pecan pie recipe here.
I use this pumpkin pie recipe whenever I am asked to take a pie to some event. It has been a hit every time and is not only good at Thanksgiving. I have used it year-round and no one has complained yet!
I hope you and your family enjoy this pumpkin pie recipe. Let me know in the comments below!
Other Pie and Dessert Recipes
- Extra Creamy Yogurt Pie Recipe
- No-Bake Mango Cheesecake Recipe
- The Best (and easiest) Flan Napolitano Recipe
- Lemon Carlota
- The Best Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
Amazing Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk (12 oz)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1 Pie Crust (two 9 inch standard depth, homemade or store-bought)
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the mix from the previous step to the large bowl with the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the evaporated milk until everything is well combined
- Pour into the pie crust and bake for 20 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 325 and bake for 40-60 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 hours
- Serve with whipped cream