Inside: Learn how to make this delicious and easy potato salad recipe which will be a perfect addition at your next barbecue!
Para Espanol, Haz Click Aqui.
One of my favorite seasons of the year is Summer. After surviving a long, cold winter which sometimes continues into June, the heat that we have seen lately is definitely welcome!
Some of the things that I love about Summer are the sound of kids playing, going to the pool, smelling fresh flowers, and of course the unmistakeable smell of people grilling meat in the neighborhood.
Summer is the perfect time to get together with family members to enjoy good food and visiting together. To make your next gathering easier, I am excited to share this recipe for a delicious, yet easy, potato salad.
How To Make Potato Salad
This potato salad recipe is fresh, delicious, and healthy. Aside from the traditional and unique flavors, it is enjoyed by young and old as a side dish for our favorite Summer meals.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Red potatoes
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sweet pickles
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- White vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
The preparation is simple. You will just need to cook the diced potatoes, and then add the other vegetables before mixing with the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and vinegar based sauce.
When To Eat Potato Salad
Potato salad is commonly served alongside grilled meat, such as brisket, burgers, and more. You will see it as a common side dish in the United States on holidays like the Fourth of July and Memorial Day as well. It is a perfect addition to a fun night filled with friends, family, and fireworks.
This recipe can be served right away or refrigerated for later, so make sure to try it out today! Let me know in the comments below how it turns out.
Other Great Side Dishes
- The Best Homemade Coleslaw Recipe (Easy Too!)
- Bacon and Garlic Asparagus
- The Best Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
- How To Make The Best Extra Crispy, Deep Fried Pickles
- How To Make Perfect, Extra Crispy Homemade Onion Rings From Scratch
The Best Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into small cubes
- 3 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles diced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes (with or without skin)
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt and let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked but still slightly firm.
- Drain the water and set the potatoes aside in a large bowl.
- Add the diced hard boiled eggs to the bowl with the potatoes, and add the onion, celery, and sweet pickles.
- Add all of the spices, the mayonnaise, the mustard, and the vinegar and mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Tuesday 30th of March 2021
Love your recipes!