Inside: Learn how to make a healthier burger recipe that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. This recipe combines 50% turkey with 50% ground beef for a juicy, flavorful, and better for you burger that you will love.
During the summer months, we try to grill as often as we can. Even when the summer has passed though, we like to make burgers inside the house. It is important to me to make sure that we are eating as healthy as possible, which is why I like to come up with recipes that include better ingredients.
Although we often enjoy a full ground beef burger, like these ones, we have also grown to love this 50% beef, 50% turkey burger that I am sharing today.
I find that when I combined ground beef with ground turkey, the flavor is better, but it is healthier as well. I also like to include some fresh, chopped up onions, herbs, and spices to make it even better.
How Do Make This Turkey Burger
To make this turkey burger, you will need the following ingredients:
- ground turkey
- ground beef
- spices such as cumin, paprika, salt and pepper
- chopped onions
- chopped cilantro (optional)
The process is pretty straightforward, you combine all of the ingredients and then form your own patties before cooking on the grill or the stove top.
I like to serve the burger with lots of toppings like lettuce, tomato, bacon slices, avocado slices, and more. The sky is really the limit and you can add whatever you want!
By adding ground beef as well, you will have a more juicy burger than a standard turkey burger, but you still get some of the benefit of using a leaner meat.
Let me know how this turns out for you in the comments below!
Check Out These Other Health-Conscious Recipes
- The Best Homemade Healthy Pancakes Recipe
- Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Smoked Salmon Recipe
- Healthy Homemade Chipotle Salsa (Great as a Salad Dressing)
- The Most Delicious Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 1/2 pound Organic ground Turkey
- 1/2 pound Organic ground beef
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 2 Fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp coco aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 6 hamburger buns
- your choice of toppings
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form 1 inch thick patties
- Cook on your grill or over the stovetop until cooked through.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite burger fixings.