Inside: Learn how to make these delicious and healthy pancakes, which are ideal for breakfast, and which include healthy ingredients that will give you all the energy you need to start out your day!
Para Espanol, Haz Click Aqui.
As a parent, one of my greatest concerns is the health of my children. That is why I am always looking for the best recipes to make sure that they are eating well. Today I’m going to share with you a delicious and healthy pancakes recipes that your kids will fall in love with!
From an early age, my children learned that we eat large breakfasts at our house, which is very common in Mexico where I grew up. It doesn’t matter if they are in school or on summer break – we always have a big breakfast. Some of our favorite options are pancakes, french toast, smoothies, oatmeal, and bacon and eggs.
I raised my kids with the same tradition, so on days when I do decide to just give them cereal, they are quick to ask “what is for breakfast” because they consider cereal a snack and not a true breakfast.
With time, I have started being more selective with the ingredients that I use in my kid’s breakfast. One reason is because one of my kids is very picky, but he loves breakfast. Sometimes he won’t eat much for dinner or lunch, so I like to make sure that whatever he eats for breakfast will provide nutrients and energy that he will need throughout the day.
What Makes These Pancakes Healthy?
Normally pancakes include refined normal flour, eggs, and a few other ingredients. While those can be tasty too, I love to include ingredients that don’t change the flavor much, but that do provide much needed nutrients.
For example, for this recipe, I replace normal flour with Quinoa Flour or almond flour. In addition, I include other healthy ingredients including oats, greek yogurt, and coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
As a result of these ingredients, these pancakes aren’t quite as fluffy as normal pancakes, but they are soft and delicius and my picky eater will eat 5 or 6 of them every time I make them!
Go ahead and try these out today and let me know in the comments below how they turn out!
Here Are Some Other Healthy Recipes To Try
- Lemon Garlic Smoked Salmon Recipe
- The Best Slow-Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks Recipe
- Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipe
- The Most Delicious Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Baked Cod Recipe for Seafood Lovers
The Best Healthy Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Flour or other flour that you have available
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp ground cinnamos
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar more or less depending on level of sweetness desired.
- Blend all of the ingredients until they are completely integrated and moderately smooth. If it is too thin, add more flour or oats and blend again.
- Add some butter or cooking spray to a non-stick pan or griddle and heat to medium-heat.
- Add about a 1/8 cup of the batter until a circle is formed and cook on each side for about 3 minutes, repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream, fruit and maple syrup if desired.