Inside: Keep reading if you want to find out how to make this delicious horchata de coco (coconut horchata) recipe. It is so refreshing and delicious.
Horchata is one of the most typical and popular Mexican beverages. The most common method of preparation is with rice, and if you are looking for that version, you can find it here.
This recipe, however, uses coconut (hence the name horchata de coco or coconut horchata). It is much quicker to make, has a subtle coconut flavor and is absolutely delicious.
How do you make horchata de coco (coconut horchata)?
Traditional horchata using rice takes quite a bit of time, because you have to soak the rice overnight. Coconut horchata, on the other hand, can be made in about 15 minutes!
You will need a coconut, coconut water, coconut milk and a few other ingredients that you will blend together, and then you just strain the resulting mixture for a drink you will not forget.
I always buy the coconut water separately, because most coconuts won’t have 2 cups worth to use in the recipe. If you have multiple coconuts, however, you can definitely just use the water from the coconuts themselves.
This is one of my favorite beverages, because I love coconuts. It goes well with just about any meal that you are preparing, and your guests will be asking for more.
Let me know below how it turns out.
Serve Coconut Horchata with:
- Authentic Mexican Birria Recipe (3 Methods)
- Tacos Al Pastor Recipe
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Delicious Jerk Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Authentic Mexican Meatballs Recipe (Albondigas Mexicanas)
Horchata de Coco (Coconut Horchata)
- 1 Coconut
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 13 Oz Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk may substitute with 2 cups of coconut sugar
- Add the coconut meat to a blender with half of each of the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add to a pitcher with the remaining half of the ingredients and mix well.
- For a smooth consistency, strain the resulting mixture and add back to the pitcher.
- Serve cold.