Inside: This great recipe for creamy white chicken chili will be a hit with all of your friends and family. Keep reading to find out how to make it.
Para Leer En Espanol, Haz Click Aqui.
There are so many chili recipes on the web, it can be difficult to know which one is the best. Some people prefer a traditional red chili recipes with beef, and others prefer white chili recipes. In my case, I love both and you can find my original recipe for chili con carne here.
Today, however, I want to share this tasty white chili recipe that uses boneless skinless chicken breasts, cream cheese, chicken stock (or chicken broth), great northern beans and more. It is creamy, has just the right amount of spice, and is definitely a favorite recipe around here.
We probably make this once a week and all of my kids (and my husband) love it. Sometimes we finish it all in one day, but when we don’t, it is even better the next day!
How to Make this Easy White Chicken Chili
One reason that I love making this recipe is because it is so easy.
You start by blending the tomatillos, onions, and garlic together and then adding it to a large pot with the rest of the ingredients. Then, you let it boil for about 20-25 minutes and it is ready! I love adding the diced poblano peppers to give it a little kick, but it isn’t so spicy that your kids won’t enjoy it. If you think poblanos are too spicy though, you can always replace them with mild green chiles.
I personally use the great northern, beans, but you can replace those with a can of pinto beans, white kidney beans, cannellini beans, or another type of white beans. For the chicken, I boil a couple of chicken breasts and shred them up, but you can also use rotisserie chicken or any other leftover chicken if you have it on hand.
Some white chili recipes use sour cream, but this one does not. Instead, it gets its creamy flavors from the cream cheese that I add. If you like a thicker chili, you can add some corn starch to thicken it.
What are some toppings to serve with this recipe?
One thing that we love about chili (white chili or regular chili) at our house is adding our favorite toppings. For example, this goes great with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and even lime wedges. Of course, this all depends on your personal preference, so if there is anything else you like to add feel free! Sometimes I will add fresh jalapenos too to give it even more spice.
I am sure that when you try this, you are going to love it. The whole family will love this wonderful recipe! It is such an easy recipe and doesn’t require a lot of hard work or prep work.
Other similar recipes you may enjoy.
We love eating chili and hearty soup, especially in the winter months when it is so cold! Below are a few other tasty soup and chili recipes that you are sure to love! Let me know in the comments below how this turned out and what recipes you want to learn next time!
- Authentic Mexican Pozole Blanco Recipe
- Mexican Pozole Recipe
- Mexican Seafood Soup (Caldo de Camaron)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
- Authentic Sopa de Fideo Recipe
- Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, and Bacon Soup
Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Cooked and Shredded
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Bar Cream Cheese
- 2 Tomatillos
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Medium White Onion
- 2 Cups Great Northern Beans
- 1 Cup Yellow Corn
- 2 Poblano Peppers Skin and seeds removed and then diced, or you can replace with mild green chiles.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the tomatillos, garlic, and onion, and then blend in a blender with a little bit of the liquid.
- Add the above mixture with the rest of the ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20-25 minutes. You can add 1-2 teaspoons of corn starch mixed with a little bit of water if you want the chili to be more thick.
- Remove from heat and serve with sour cream, cheese, tortillas chips, and other toppings as desired.