Inside: Learn how to make this delicious and easy lemon chicken piccata recipe. It is so flavorful and can be accompanied by a variety of delicious side dishes.
Para Espanol, Haz Click Aqui.
I love trying new recipes and flavors. The first time that I tried chicken piccata was at an Italian restaurant that I went to with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. I was surprised by how simple, yet full of flavor, it was. Of course, after trying it at the restaurant, I had to make it at home and it is now one of my favorites.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Chicken Piccata?
As the title suggests, this recipe is very easy to make and it requires ingredients that most people already have available. Those ingredients are the following:
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chicken Stock
- White cooking wine (optional)
- Salt, Pepper, and Cumin
Of those ingredients, the only one that is not as common is the capers, but you can find it at any grocery store.
How Do You Make Chicken Piccata?
The process to make chicken piccata with lemon is very easy. It consists of seasoning and cooking the chicken breasts first, followed by making a delicious lemon butter sauce where you will finish cooking the chicken.
The result is a delicious meal that even picky eaters will enjoy!
I personally love citrus flavors, and after trying this dish, so do my kids! My family loves this meal every time that I make it and there are rarely any leftovers for the next day. This recipe is prety light and can be modified easily for your particular diet.
The other good thing about chicken piccata is that you can make it in no time at all. As described above, the process to make it is very easy and you will look like an amazing chef!
The combination of simple, flavorful ingredients makes this an economic, filling, and delicious meal for you and your family.
Let me know in the comments below how it turns out.
Accompany this Recipe with the Following Side Dishes
- Bacon and Garlic Asparagus
- The Best Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
- The Best Homemade Coleslaw Recipe (Easy Too!)
- Authentic Mexican Street Corn Recipe (Elotes Mexicanos)
- Avocado, Bacon, and Jalapeno Egg Salad
- Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Bisque Recipe
Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe with Lemon
- 4 Chicken Breasts Butterflied and cut into 8 separate pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tbsp white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Season each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Lightly coat each chicken breast with the flour, and shake off excess flour.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 1/2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat and sautee each chicken breast until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the rest of the olive oil and butter and also add the finely chopped onions, cooking until the onions are translucent.
- Add the white cooking wine and chicken stock and bring to a boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, capers and chicken breasts and let cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.Serve immediately with rice or other side dishes.