Inside: Keep reading to find out how to make a quick and easy bolognese pasta with a unique and delicious rosa sauce.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
Even though I am from Mexico and grew up eating mainly Mexican food, I am a huge fan of Italian food also. I always love to try new pasta dishes and creating my own as well.
In fact, for Valentine’s Day, my husband and I almost always either go to an Italian restaurant or we make our own Italian food at home. This year will be no different! The plan for this year is to make a delicious bolognese spaghetti with rosa sauce. You can make it by combining Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic with Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese.
There are many sauces made the Italian way, but there is only one made the Tuscan way. That means these delicious Bertolli brand sauces are made with a few simple ingredients and cooked lightly with olive oil creating layers of flavors. This is my go-to brand when buying pasta sauce. These two go perfectly together to make a delicious rosa sauce for this recipe!
How to make Rosa Sauce
To make the rosa sauce that forms the basis for this delicious bolognese spaghetti, you will just need a jar of Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and a jar of Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese. Both of these sauces on their own are delicious. That said, when you combine them, it takes it to a whole new level. Search here with your zipcode to see where you can buy the Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and here for the Bertolli Alfredo with Aged Parmesan Cheese.
Just pour both jars into a large bowl and mix until combined. Then you can use it with your favorite pasta recipe!
How to make Bolognese
A bolognese sauce is a meat-based sauce made with a combination of delicious ingredients including celery, carrots, onions, ground beef, and spices.
You will cook the ingredients slowly to obtain delicious flavor. Then you will finish it off with a tomato and cream based sauce which results in a delicious meal that is sure to please.
For this version, I cooked the meat combination first before adding in the rosa sauce that is described above. I finished off the recipe by combining the bolognese with spaghetti and it turned out amazing!
You can serve Bolognese with other types of pasta as well and it will turn out just as good!
I was very pleased with the flavors that the rosa sauce added to this recipe, and I will definitely be using it for other pasta dishes as well in the near future.
Let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you!
Check out these other pasta recipes
- Delicious Italian Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Avocado-Basil Pasta
- Three Cheese Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Mexican Style Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Three Cheese Meat Lasagna Recipe
- The Best Spaghetti and Meatballs
Bolognese spaghetti with rosa sauce
- 1 Jar Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- 1 Jar Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Lb Ground Italian Sausage
- 4 Slices Smoked Bacon Diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 4 Celery Sticks
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Lb Cooked Spaghetti
- Start by cooking the bacon with the olive oil, parsley, and rosemary in a large skillet for about 5 minutes on high.
- Add the ground beef, ground Italian sausage, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and oregano and cook for about 10 minutes or until the liquid from the meat evaporates.
- Add the carrots, celery, basil, garlic, onion, and red pepper to a food processor or blender and process until it is all finely chopped.
- Add the above mixture to the meat mixture and add more salt to taste. Let cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, moving constantly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic with the Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese and stir until completely combined.
- Add to the bolognese mixture and mix well. Let simmer of low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and serve hot with parmesan cheese.